Getting Started Making an Event Schedule
When making and scheduling events for your convention you will need to do the following steps.
1. Event Type - You will need to set what types of events you want to have at your convention and set the Maximum number of tickets for that type of event, the cost for the tickets to that type of event, the cost per ticket to that event, if any event type will need Special Requests, and if you want the event to be able to be submitted by Users, or if you will create all the events for your convention yourself. Convention Tools> Scheduling > Event types.
2. Rooms - (i.e. the place(s) where events will take place) You will then Add the rooms in your
3. Spaces - (i.e. the tables within each room) When you edit the details in the rooms for your Convention you will add Event Spaces at the bottom of the screen. This is usually used for listing the tables in the room you have created. When you go to schedule your events these spaces are needed. You will want to name them something that goes with the room ( Bronx hall table 1) for example.
4. Add Events - Now you can start adding events to your schedule.
Convention Tools> Scheduling> Events. You will be able to add events at the bottom of the screen.
You will fill out the information about the new event then you can hit the "Schedule event" button to manually add the event to a room or you can hit "Done" and add more events to be scheduled later.
5. Scheduling Events - Manual - (Convention Tools> Scheduling> Events) - "Choose" the event that you want to schedule and click the Green schedule button on the event page. You will then search for an open table/Space for the event.
First, select a room from the drop-down menu. The rooms available in the dropdown menu will match the rooms allowed by the event types that were set previously. Then select a time from the listed Preferred Day Part, and Alternate Day Part. Then hit the search button to find a slot to add the event to
You can then add that event, by clicking on the appropriate green "+ Assign xxxx" slot and hit Done, that event is now Scheduled.
Scheduling Events - Automatic - (Convention Tools> Scheduling> Events) - If you have multiple events to schedule, you can choose the "Use Auto-Scheduler" from the top right of the event list. This will schedule all unscheduled events (after they have made it through the approval process). The scheduler will assign rooms as close to requests as possible.