Import Content From Previous Conventions
Tabletop.Events allows you to easily import content from your previous years so that you don't have to start from scratch each year. To do this, there are a few steps. Please note that these are all optional. For example, you could skip step 1 and create a new convention from scratch, but still do steps 2 and 3.
Step 1: Duplicating Your Convention
This step will allow you to copy over all your basic settings.
- Go to Convention Tools > Convention Setup > Duplicate Convention
- Type in the name of the new convention you wish to create.
- Click the Duplicate Convention button.
Step 2: Importing Your Badge Types
This step will allow you to copy over your badge types and badge categories from another convention.
- Go to Convention Tools > Registration > Badge Setup > Badge Types
- On that page click the Import button under "Create a Badge Type".
- Choose a previous convention you ran to import your badge types from.
- Click the Import Badge Types From Convention button.
Step 3: Importing Venue Layout
This step will allow you to copy over your rooms, spaces, zones, booth types, and booths from another convention.
- Go to Convention Tools > Scheduling > Rooms
- Click the Import button.
- Choose a previous convention you ran to import your venue layout from.
- Click the Import Rooms From Convention button.
Note: This process will work in the background to copy your data. It can take several minutes depending upon how big your convention venue layout is.
Step 4: Import Pages and Links
This step will allow you to copy your pages and links from another convention.
- Go to Convention Tools > Pages and Links > Sub Pages and Links
- Click the Import button.
- Choose a previous convention you ran to import your pages and links from.
- Click the Import Pages From Convention button.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the questions we hear from convention organizers about migrating from one convention to the next.
Can I import my attendees?
Generally speaking your attendees will be different from year to year, plus you need to capture their payment again. If you do have attendees you wish to import, you can use the CSV export option on your previous convention under Convention Tools > Registration > Import / Export and then import the attendees into the new convention for whom you'll be giving free badges.
How can I contact my previous year's attendees?
Use the News Updates feature of the previous convention. Go to Convention Tools > News Updates and post a news update to that convention. That will allow you to reach out to your previous year's attendees. It is a great way to motivate people to come back to this years convention.
Can I import my Event Types?
Not at this time.
Can I import my Events Schedule?
Not at this time. Although, we're not sure why you'd want to as events schedules are almost always different from year to year.